A decent comeback from NR Raghunanthan after an underwhelming Pulivaal and not-so-impressive Madha Yaanai Koottam.
Cast: Vimal, Lakshmi Menon, Rajkiran, Prathap Pothan, Vaiyapuri
Music: N.R. Raghunanthan
Direction: Naveen Raghavan
Label: Sony Music
- Aagaasa Nilavu – SPB’s singing always puts a smile on our face. Isn’t it? This one is an old-fashioned tune inspired from Ilaiyaraaja’s repository of innumerable sounds. SPB is just good as always.
- Anbu Dhaan – A soulful rendition from Krishnaraj. Earthy tune and beautiful lyrics make this one a good number. Reminiscent of Raghunanthan’s Kallikaattil from Thenmerku Paruvakatru, his best song. Our recommended song of the album.
- Ayyo Ayyo – An uninspiring faux-folk number backed up by good vocals. Good while it lasts.
- Paathu Paathu – It is the only duet number in the album sung by Hariharasudan and Vandana Srinivasan. This rhythmic folk is a middling effort from the composer and quite remnant.
- Sattena – Why is Karthik not singing often these days? A pleasant tune and delightful singing by Karthik. Not an appealing track yet listenable.