Sarakka; Singer: Amrit
Mora Saiyya; Singers: Vijay Prakash, Shakthishree Gopalan
Mokka Piece; Singer: Benny Dayal
Maalai Nerathu Mayakkama; Singer: Amrit
Ennodu; Singers: Mili Nair, Amrit
The Return of Love
A competent debut. A lively OST!
Amrit makes a competent debut in Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam and joins the list of young crop of talents that burst onto Tamil music scene recently.
Cast: Balakrishna Kola, Wamiqa Gabbi
Lyrics: Amrit, Vivek
Direction: Gitanjali Selvaraghavan
Label: Think Music India
- Sarakka; Singer: Amrit; Lyrics: Amrit – A foot-tapping tune but carries the heard-before label right from the start. Nevertheless, a passable start to the album with the composer himself taking the mic
- Mora Saiyya; Singers: Vijay Prakash, Shakthishree Gopalan; Lyrics: Amrit – An instantly likeable tune from Amrit with a lovely assortment of sounds. The track blazes through effectively in Vijay Prakash and Shakthishree Gopalan’s lively rendition. Our PICK!
- Mokka Piece; Singer: Benny Dayal; Lyrics: Amrit – Amrit experiments with his orchestration superbly in this dubstep track and Benny Dayal, being the dab hand at the genre, does an exuberant job with his snappy pace!
- Maalai Nerathu Mayakkama; Singer: Amrit; Lyrics: Amrit – A soothing melody chockablock with delighful guitar strings that catch the attention instantly. The lyrics are quite engaging and unveil the soulfulness in Amrit’s rendition beautifully. Our PICK!
- Ennodu; Singers: Mili Nair, Amrit; Lyrics: Vivek – There is a charming quaintness Amrit manages to bring to this harmless track that rides on Mili Nair’s beautiful singing with occasional support from Amrit
- Two Opposites and The Return of Love (Theme Tracks) – While Amrit gets creative in Two Opposites with a quirky orchestration, the simplistic arrangement in the brief track The Return of Love shows his competence in the minimal setting. Our PICKS!
Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam Songs Review Rating: 3/5
Written by Surendhar MK