Angae Ippo Enna Seigiraai
A Stale Show!
After delivering a short and sweet album for the art-house Saivam, GV Prakash offers a stale and perfunctory album for the commercial Irumbu Kuthirai!
Cast: Atharvaa Murali, Priya Anand, Raai Lakshmi, Alisha Abdullah
Direction: Yuvaraj Bose
Music: GV Prakash Kumar
Label: Sony Music India
Lyrics: Thamarai and Pa. Vijay (Hello Brother)
- Penne Penne – A lovely tune, simplistic orchestration, GV Prakash’s pleasing vocals and Bhavatharini’s infectuous humming make this our pick of the album. Yazhini’s humming interlude in the second charanam deserves applause!
- Angae Ippo Enna Seigiraai – Starts off on a promising note and ends up as another run-of-the-mill soundtrack, which sounds good only in parts. Vijay Prakash’s vocals, the saving grace
- Pondicherry Vazhiyela – A soft kuththu number, something GV Prakash has been successful at in his past albums, with lovely vocals from Priya Hemesh and a majorly accessible tune. AR Raihanah looks like a bad choice here. The flute interlude warrants a mention
- Alaipaayum – A rhythmic tune high on energy and tempo, but pathetically low on novelty. The song is poorly crafted even with two promising singers Vijay Prakash and Andrea Jeremiah doing the honors. A middling effort from the composer
- Hello Brother – Taking inspiration from Ilaiyaraja’s Unnai Azhaithathu song’s prelude beats, GVP has cooked a tasteless concoction here with an array of singers including himself. Another stale composition!