Film Employees Federation of South India has written a letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a list of requests to promote the growth of the union. FEFSI President G.Siva handed over the letter to Mr. Pon Radhakrishnan, Union Minister of Shipping, Highways and Transport in a meeting organized yesterday.
More than 40,000 workers are members in this body and the livelihood of approximately more than 2 lakh workers are dependent on the functioning of FEFSI. A total of 23 unions belonging to different trades in the Film and Television industry like Directors, Cinematographers, Editors, Art Director, Writers, Makeup Artists, Costumers, Musicians, Light man, Stunt performers, Dancers, Dubbing Artists, Production Executives and Assistants, Setting workers, Technicians, Still Photographers, Cine Audiographers, Drivers, Junior Artists, Cine agents, Caterers, Cine Mahila members are affiliated to the FEFSI represented by President, Secretary, Treasurer of FEFSI and office bearers of 23 Film unions.
The 12 requests are as follows:
1. Conducting RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) and issuing “Skill Card” under “Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE)” to all the members of FEFSI.
2. Issuing Free Medical card under Employees State Insurance(ESI) for health and medical needs.
3. Issuing free life time insurance card to all the FEFSI members and their family under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
4. Implement Pension scheme to senior most members of FEFSI who contributed for global recognization to India and Indian Films.
5. Recognising all the direct and in-direct workers of Film and television industry under small entrepreneurship to get the Mudhra loans of Government of India.
6. Easy Educational loans for children of members of FEFSI.
7. Grant reservations accordingly for children of members of FEFSI in schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya and other such schools.
8. Allotting the residential homes under easy pay schemes for FILM and TELEVISION workers in major film capitals Chennai, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
9. Establishing Film city in Chennai par to International Standards to invite Global Multinational Film Production companies.
10. Granting discount card and easy access for FEFSI employees while shooting at tourists spots all over India to attract global film shooting teams to India.
11. Giving preference to FEFSI employees in filming Government projects like “Swach Bharat Mission” through NFDC(National Film Development Corporation).
12. Granting “Special Prime Minister National Award” yearly on the birthday of former Prime Minister of India Shri. Atal Bihari Vajpayee for a film technician who created film based on Indian Art and Culture.