Idhayam En Idhayam
Naanum Unnil Paadhi
Yaaro Yaar Aval
A middling debut!
Near-ordinary compositions and tepid tunes together make up a middling debut at best for Sivamani.
Cast: Vikram Prabhu, Priya Anand, Yog Japee
Music: Drums Sivamani
Direction: Anand Shankar
Label: Tiger Audios
- Idhayam En Idhayam – Starts off beautifully and falters mid-way. Sivamani’s choice of Javed Ali for this number is arguably uninspiring. But, the visuals looked eye-candy in the teaser released last week. Let’s hope for the same in the film
- Naanum Unnil Paadhi – This groovy number is tepid attempt at best from the composer. Sung by Alma and Rita, the song fails to make an impact
- Neeyae Neeyae – Cries of water droplets in the background, a pleasant orchestration and a delightful singing by Shreya Goshal. Our pick of the album!
- Yaaro Yaar Aval – Non-chalant singing by the duo Shabbir Kumar and Runa Azvi makes this one a listenable track, thanks to the near-ordinary composition
- Theme – Reminiscent of Sivamani’s thumping percussion in a AR Rahman concert, this theme track packs a punch and is a renewed vigor in a passable album