Vaa Madhi Vadhana
Ice Cream Penne
Passable Debut from Radhan!
Though not exceptional, the album has its moments. Radhan's debut comprises an outstanding Orunaal Orunaal, a run-of-the-mill yet listenable Gaana Bala number but the other three tracks are poorly conceived.
Cast: Sethu, Santhanam, Vishakha Singh, Nushrat Bharucha
Direction: Sai Gokul Ramanath
Lyrics : Na Muthukumar, Madhan Karky, Gaana Bala, Radhan
Label: Sony Music India
- Ennamo Pannura – Replete with techno beats, this peppy number works only in parts. The violin intermezzo towards the end is a misfit. A passable number!
- Orunaal Orunaal – A pleasant tune and lovely vocals of Bobo Shashi rightly supported by Veena towards the fag end of the song. Though the composition looks a tad too familiar, the song, definitely, is a good listen
- Vaa Madhi Vadhana – A funny western-retro set to the foot-tapping rap of Blaaze ends up drab and unexciting, thanks to the largely old-fashioned tune by Radhan
- Nadukadalula – A run-of-the-mill Gaana Bala number. A predictable, done -and-dusted dappanguthu tune set to the funny lyrics which encompass first line of popular gaana songs in Tamil. A middling effort from the composer. One-time excitement, at best
- Ice Cream Penne – Supposed to be the rework of Ennamo Pannura, this number appears rather sluggish. The arrangement of sounds is uninspiring. Probably the poorly conceived song in the album