Dheivam (Version 1)
Dheivam (Version 2)
Promising Comeback from Yuvan!
After a lackluster album in his last outing with Vanavarayan Vallavarayan, Yuvan has showed some real promise here and signals his critics that he couldn't be written off so quickly. Looks like the ace composer is finding his lost form, but only 'gradually'.
Cast: Attakathi, Aishwarya
Direction: Caaarthick Raju
Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Label: Think Music India
- Ennodu Vaa – A mundane tune but thanks to energetic vocals from the trio, Sathyan, Senthildas and Priyadarshini, it appears passable. An uninspiring composition from Yuvan!
- Moodupanikkul – Apparently, this track was composed by Yuvan for Aaranya Kaandam, a film which had no songs. He utilized it effectively for Thirudan Police. An innovative tune and fantastic vocals by Naresh Iyer and Roshini who has been hithero singing kuthu numbers for Yuvan (Naama Kaattula from Pattiyal, En Janna Vantha from Theeradha Vilaiyaattu Pillai, to name a few)
- Pesadhe – We can’t help but think Yuvan is in the right mood and is “gradually” finding his lost form. Pesadhe is another simplistic composition sung to perfection by Hariharasudhan and Pooja
- Dheivam (version 1) – A lovely composition from the ace composer. A lilting melody with Haricharan’s top-notch rendition. Schematic use of instruments and the flute sound towards the end and the beginning creates a perfect atmosphere for the song
- Dheivam (version 2) – This version in SPB Charan’s voice is a killer. Perhaps, the kind of song Yuvan used to croon in his albums. Surprisingly, he hasn’t lent his voice for any song in this album. Dheivam is our PICK of the album