Hat-trick for Santhosh in 2014!
After producing an eclectic mix of sounds in Jigarthanda, Santhosh Narayanan delivers a tailor-made album for a commercial film sans compromises on the quality.
Cast : Karthi, Catherine Tresa
Music : Santhosh Narayanan
Lyrics : Kabilan, Gaana Bala, Uma Devi
Direction : Pa Ranjith
Production : Studio Green
Label : Think Music
- Agayam Theepiditha – The kind of songs Santhosh Narayanan is churning out with Pradeep Kumar is topnotch. The duo outperform themselves every time they join hands. Agayam Theepiditha is remarkably-poised in Pradeep’s beautiful vocals and Kabilan’s lovely lyrics. With serene guitar sound in the background, the song is quite reminiscent of Ilaiyaraja in the 90s. Santhosh saves the guitar-based songs for Pradeep exclusively in every album of his, we think.
- Iranthidiva – Gaana Baala cleanly pulls off this slow, dispirited track set to an old-fashioned tune with perfection. And, the dappanguththu bit in the song will surely give you hair-raising moments. Flawless and authentic kannammapettai style that! We listened to a glimpse of it in Attakathi too. Pretty sure it will be a highlight on screen
- Kaagitha Kappal – A fantastic fusion of earthy lyrics and funky music. Kaagitha Kappal is a kind of song which is bound to grow on you. Infectious! A lovely assortment of sounds and reminds you of the composer’s Kannammaa Kannamma from Jigarthanda. Yet another substantiation that Gaana Bala delivers his best when he collaborates with Santhosh Narayanan
- Madras – If you have to handpick a commercial song in the album, this is it. Chorus is too good and it is the kind of song that makes you scream in theaters. It does carry the mass appeal but looks remnant
- Naan Nee – A pleasant orchestration and Shakthishree and Deekshitha’s mesmerizing vocals make this one winner. A captivating melody and an instant earworm. Shakthishree’s enchanting rendition compensates for Kalyani Nair’s name missing in the album. Our PICK!
Madras Songs Review Rating : 3.75/5