Kalla Payalae Payalae
Vada Dai Enpurusa
Summary : Three lovely melodies sans amplified-by-tech gimmicks. With pure, rustic and earthy tunes, Mosakutty is a brilliant album from Ramesh Vinayagam, one of the under-rated talents in Tamil film music.
Cast: Veera, Mahima Nambiar
Music: Ramesh Vinayagam
Direction: M. Jeevan
Production: Shalom Studios, John Max
Lyrics: M. Jeevan
- Aasaiyaparu Aasaiya – A pleasing tune sans any amplified-by-technology gimmicks which works wonders in Ramesh Vinayagam’s lovely rendition. Sometimes earthy, sometimes lilting. Nice way to kick-start the album, we think
- Kalla Payalae Payalae – The fusion of Shreya Goshal’s soft vocals and Haricharan’s rusty rendition makes this one a splendid number. It is the kind of song you get addicted to after repeated listens
- Kondamella Kondapottu – Old-fashioned festival tune sung with great energy by Sangeetha and Gunasekaran. A passable track, at best!
- Vada Dai Enpurusa – A beautifully crafted melody, this. Ranjith’s rhythm-rich rendition rightly complements Chinmayee’s fantastic vocals. Our PICK of the album!
- Mosakutty – Even Velmurugan’s supreme rendition could not save this middling tune from Ramesh Vinayagam. Disappointing title track!