Eerakkaathae; Singers: Senthildass, Anitha
Kurunthogai; Singers: VV Prasanna, Sonia
Endha Vazhi; Singers: Vaikom Vijayalakshmi
Kondaatamae; Singers: Sriram Parthasarathy
Atthuvaana Kaatukku; Singers: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Vaiyambatti; Singers: Anthony Dasan, Priyadarshini
Outstanding Melodies. Lyrical!
After making a royal comeback in Vai Raja Vai, Yuvan delivers one of his best albums in Idam Porul Yeval with lyrical compositions and stirring melodies.
Cast: Vijay Sethupathi, Vishnu, Nandita, Iyshwarya Rajesh
Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Direction: Seenu Ramasamy
Label: Sony Music
- Eerakkaathae; Singers: Senthildass, Anitha – A gorgeous composition with enchanting vocals from Senthildass and Anitha. A refreshing tune with pleasing interludes. Yuvan’s arrangement of sounds is splendid. Enticing, overall. Our PICK!
- Kurunthogai; Singers: VV Prasanna, Sonia – An old hat tune saved by Prasanna and Sonia’s delightful singing. Sonia’s mellifluous rendition is the highlight of the track that is otherwise unexciting
- Endha Vazhi; Singers: Vaikom Vijayalakshmi – A haunting melody nudged beautifully by Vaikom Vijayalakshmi’s poignant, stimulating vocals and Yuvan’s simplistic tune. Our PICK!
- Kondaatamae; Singers: Sriram Parthasarathy – Another melodious track shouldered by Sriram Parthasarathy’s pitch-perfect rendition. The track is appealing, but only in parts
- Atthuvaana Kaatukku; Singers: Yuvan Shankar Raja – This is the Yuvan Shankar Raja everyone has been craving for. This is the Yuvan who went missing in action for a long time. Atthuvaana Kaatukku is a proof that no one renders a pathos majestically and effortlessly like Yuvan. Veritable singing, nailed it. Our PICK!
- Vaiyambatti; Singers: Anthony Dasan, Priyadarshini – A customary folk number and the most underwhelming track of the album. Also, Anthony Dasan’s least exciting song in recent times!
Written by Surendhar MK