Bang Bang Bang - Singer : KG Ranjith ; Lyrics : Madhan Karky
Oru Kan jaadai - Singers : Benny Dayal, Shweta Pandit ; Lyrics : Viveka
Ek Do Teen - Singers : Suriya, Andrea ; Lyrics : Na Muthukumar
Kadhal Aasai - Singers : Yuvan, Sooraj Santhosh ; Lyrics : Kabilan
Sirippu En - Singers : Manasi ; Lyrics : Viveka
An Assuring Comeback From YUVAN!
Summary : Though Anjaan is not a powerhouse Yuvan album, it's closely enough. This is the Yuvan we missed badly. Undoubtedly, an assuring comeback from the composer after a long time.
Cast : Suriya, Samantha
Music : Yuvan
Lyrics : Na Muthukumar, Madhan Karky, Viveka, Kabilan
Direction : Lingusamy
Label : Sony Music
- Bang Bang Bang – Singer : KG Ranjith ; Lyrics : Madhan Karky — Cries of heavy rock and in-your-face lyrics by Madhan Karky make this one a perfect mass hero introduction number. When was the last time Surya had a stylish mass hero opening track? It’s so exciting to see Ranjith and Yuvan back on track. They are undoubtedly one of the successful combos in Tamil film music. After Vilayadu Mankatha, the duo has delivered a rollicking track
- Oru Kan jaadai – Singers : Benny Dayal, Shweta Pandit ; Lyrics : Viveka — Blasting vocals of Benny Dayal and smashing guitar sounds throughout the song make this one a delightful rock number. That’s two rock tracks on the trot in the album. Though Shweta provides adequate support to Benny, it’s the latter who truly owned this one.
- Ek Do Teen – Singers : Suriya, Andrea ; Lyrics : Na Muthukumar — Being the most anticipated song in the album, it doesn’t let you down after all. It kicks off beautifully with Andrea’s earthy humming prelude and then the typical kuthu beats take the center-stage. In the second charanam, it evidently feels like Surya’s rendition could not equalize Yuvan’s booming tune. One feels a much experienced singer would have done justice to the song. Nevertheless, an enjoyable number and has the potential to rock the charts in upcoming days
- Kadhal Aasai – Singers : Yuvan, Sooraj Santhosh ; Lyrics : Kabilan — Pathos and Yuvan – Beat this. Yuvan reaffirms that he is the king of pathos among all the contemporary composers. An instantly addictive tune, uplifting chorus portions with Yuvan’s dominating vocals and soulful lyrics of Kabilan make this one a winner. It has the soulfulness of Pogadhe Pogadhe, innocence of Kannai Vittu and the longingness of Natpukkullae. Our PICK of the album.
- Sirippu En – Singers : Manasi ; Lyrics : Viveka — Probably, the only middling track of the album. Manasi’s thumping vocals is the only heartening aspect of an otherwise underwhelming tune.