Thalapathy Vijay’s Mersal is on a record-breaking spree worldwide, after receiving excellent WOM and majorly positive reviews from critics.
The movie has grossed Rs. 51.4 crores worldwide, with an earning of Rs. 34.4 crores in India. The film has grossed Rs. 23.5 crores in Tamil Nadu alone making it the all-time highest earner in day one, unseating Rajinikanth’s Kabali.
- All-time day one record in Chennai with a gross Rs. 1.52 crores
- Best ever day one record for a Tamil film in Kerala with Rs. 6.11 crores.
- Second Best Day One opener for a Tamil film in Karnataka
- Second Best Day One Opener in India, only behind Baahubali 2
- Biggest opening for an Indian film in Sri Lanka, Singapore and Malaysia
- Record opening for a Tamil film in UK, France, Australia
- A non-Rajinikanth record for premiere gross in the USA
- All-time highest day one record in Tamil Nadu, beating Kabali
- 5th South Indian film to gross Rs. 50 crores globally on day one after Baahubali films, Kabali and Khaidi No. 150