Oru Oorula Rendu Raja
A Passable Outing!
D. Imman continues his tepid commercial run in his limited scope of work. Nothing stimulating, but nothing tedious too. A passable listen, nevertheless!
Cast: Vimal, Priya Anand, Vishaka Singh, Soori, Nassar, Anupama Kumar, Thambi Ramaiah
Direction: R. Kannan
Lyrics: Yugabharathi, Eknaath
Music: D. Imman
Label: Sony Music India
- Mazhakaatha – A template, uninspiring tune – but nevertheless, passable, thanks to Vandana Srinivasan and Haricharan’s absorbing vocals
- Odum Rayilai – Abhay Jodhpurkar’s lovely prelude followed by Imman’s provoking violin sets the song’s tempo perfectly. After ‘Adiye Enna Raagam’ in Rummy, Abhay lends his voice for Imman in style with a delightful rendition here. Our PICK of the album
- Kukkuru Kukkuru – The much awaited number in the album, thanks to Lakshmi Menon’s star quotient. An interesing, undemanding composition and so is the rendition too. Lakshmi Menon does come across as a novice in parts. Sathyan’s short-lived vocals are rightly fused into the song. A hummable number in its entireness!
- Sundari Pennae – Interestingly, Imman produces an old-fashioned tune with refreshing vigour, thanks to Shreya Goshal’s sublime rendition. Yet, not the best of Imman – Shreya Goshal combo. The best is probably yet to come
- Oru Oorula Rendu Raja – A run-of-the-mill folk number, which evidently comes across as a half-hearted effort. Considering that Imman is known for composing stimulating folk numbers, this one is a let down!